10 Reasons Why You Should Upgrade to Joomla 3
Listen up Joomla users; in this roundup, you’ll come across a number of reasons why you would want to upgrade your website to Joomla 3. Lean over.
1. Enterprise-quality Joomla website development as more of the critical bugs are fixed, including security fixes.
2. Responsive Joomla template development enabled for desktop, tablet and mobile. Finally!!
3. Plus, it’s possible to create mobile responsive user interface for the back-end.
4. Revamped administrator for simpler and more intuitive user-interfaces. Yipee!
5. Facilitate developing extensions with better user-experience because of Bootstrap support and jQuery support.
6. Supports one-click upgrade for smooth transition for users. No hassles of download-unzip-and-install.
7. Most Joomla 2.5 templates will work in the new version without requiring many changes.
8. Extensions that work on Joomla 2.5 will work on Joomla 3 with little or no modifications at all.
9. Facility to configure from a single screen rather than switching panels.
10. Great mobile user-experience with the possibility of creating significantly lower page size and fast loading speed.
Bonus Reason: Get a feel of the third iteration with Joomla 3, before the stable release of Joomla 3.5.
Ready to upgrade to the latest version? Oh great. In order to mitigate the risk of loss of data and functionalities while upgrading, it’s best to consult with your Joomla development company on this. If you are considering building a website from the scratch, India-based companies can offer the right guidance and choice of web platform, and also provide for high-end customization to meet your specific requirements.